Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017

First of Feb so it must be Spring!

Feb 1st was / is my Dad's birthday.

 I always spent much of January searching out a gift for him. He was a very difficult person to buy for as he had very few needs/wants. He was very content with his newspaper, garden, a few basic art materials and the tv.

So by the time his birthday arrived I used to feel relief that the present search was over, dark January days were done and amidst the birthday celebrations there always seemed to be a feeling of Spring!

He may be gone but I still think Feb 1st marks the beginnings of Spring. 😉 Madness, I know.

So we have primulas in the house....



And I bought a new cushion 😀


Snow is forecast for the end of the week so my Spring bubble may burst!
L.x.





5 comments:

  1. Love the cushion. It doesnt feel like Spring up here. Snowdrops appearing.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primulas are such a joy at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers' colors, and your new cushion as well, are lovely to behold.

    My father's birthday was in February, and as children the only thing we knew to get him was pipe tobacco and licorice bridge mix. He "grew out of" both of those pleasures eventually, and by then we could give him backpacking equipment :-) .

    February really does bring the beginnings of Spring here. I'm sorry to have to wait longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Primroses also brighten my house . Outside it is snowing but inside I can pretend it's Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're still feeling spring, Lynn! L

    ReplyDelete