Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 26 January 2017

The lulls surrounding the storms

I need moments to be still and quiet every day. I am stressed if this does not happen.

I think maybe most people are the same.

However, I do know two people who crave company all day long. Social diaries are kept full to bursting.
I know they think I am boring.

This need for "empty time" is even greater when you have experienced a neurological episode. Your brain can no longer cope with an overload of noise and busyness. Even bright lights can be too much. I often sit in dark rooms, with just candle light or fairy lights. This calm makes me happy.

This was my breakfast spot yesterday.


Steve had already left for work. Outside it was icy, cold and very misty.

Some people I know would have had the radio on or breakfast tv, which is fine of course. I just relished the calm and how I did not have to think or concentrate on anything.

Then it was off to work.
Wow ~ what a contrast.

I spent six and a half hours in the company of fast, funny, friendly, feisty and sometimes furious 4 year olds.
There were tantrums, tears, friendship break ups and make ups, giggles and laughter.
I was bombarded by six conversations all going on at once.
Hectic.

I sank into a hot bath tub when I got home and then read in front of a log fire with just a few fairy lights shining in the dark.

A day of contrasts and utter exhaustion.
L.x.



6 comments:

  1. I understand perfectly. Thank goodness for the coping calmness.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wise! I had to have a couple of hours to peacefully prepare for all that action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to have some quiet down time every day too or I just become befuddled. And when I was teaching my need was even greater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little peaceful space at home...so necessary after a day in school. I remember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You describe the contrasts so well! Thank God for periods of quiet and restoration...

    ReplyDelete