Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 13 January 2017

Never say never....

I didn't walk over last weekend. Totally lazy and unmotivated.

On Monday I felt unfit and worse still, depressed. I have realised I need to exercise to improve my mood. I am always outwardly cheerful but living with a chronic life threatening illness is stressful.

I decided to explore other ways of exercising.

So striking whilst the iron was hot I went to look around a posh spa and gym.

 I felt as if I left a whole lot of stress at the door and could feel my mood lifting. Instead of being home alone I was in a vibrant community of people ~ most probably a bit older than me, all fitter than me ~ all chatty and welcoming.
I signed up on the spot.

I then went to the supermarket and bought cheapie exercise top, trousers and  swimsuit.

Later that day I returned to the gym and had my induction session on the equipment.

I have done 3 sessions this week ~ Mon, Wed and today. They are aware of my health issues and have helped me to make a gentle start. It is hard going but I am loving it.

It feels like I have re-entered the big wide world ~ much better to be out amongst people again.

I said I would never join a gym again ~ never say never.
L.x.

4 comments:

  1. So glad about this. I actually prefer to be on my own as I constantly worry about picking up a chest infection. I always feel really good after my walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe visit the spa as well, very uplifting!

    ReplyDelete