Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 6 January 2017

My week of walking.


Sat 31 Dec
We were late going out so it was a 
 dark walk along the canal.
40 minutes


                           It was good to get home.


                                      Sun 1st Jan
            Happy New Year ~ another late one so dark.
      Nice sky though ~ bare branches against inky skies.
                     Walked for 40 mins. Freezing cold.


                                        Mon 2nd Jan
                               Hurrah a day time walk!


Pools of light and shade made this a walk of contrasts.


                  Icy and cold but the swans loved it.
       45 minutes  and managed a longer route today.
                                          ☺☺☺☺☺

                     Tues 3rd Jan ~ forgot camera!
Walked to local shop ~ walk home was "with weights" ~ a shopping bag ~ lol. 40 minutes in total ~ felt shivery when I got home ~ weather still very cold.

                             Wednesday 4th Jan
        A total flop spent much of the day in bed ~useless.

                  Thursday 5th Jan~ back on the case.
                                      45 minutes.


There were sheets of ice on parts of the canal. Some of the ducks got out of the water and walked with a slip and a slide on the ice. 

In the past 7 days I have managed 5 walks ~ each a minimum of 40 minutes and at least one mile. I am really pleased with myself.

I am not at the point yet where I can say I enjoy it.  Nor am I feeling any benefits ~ quite the contrary in fact ~ I feel exhausted when I get home. But I am pleased that I am walking again and somehow feel compelled to continue.

So far so good.
L.x.

10 comments:

  1. Keep at it, even if you don't feel it, it's so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It becomes addictive. You obviously stop to take photos. I often stop (to control my breathing !) just to look.The pleasure grows and you arent pushing yourself quite as hard A slow build up helps. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take photos to take my mind off the effort of the walk!!

      Delete
  3. Yay. Well done you.
    Loved seeing your photos Lyn. It's a good incentive to get out, knowing you will hopefully find something interesting to capture in a picture.
    Jacquie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reports are so encouraging. We are in for a long rainy spell so I am off to the gym to walk on the treadmill this afternoon. I hope to spend some time reading at the same time, partial compensation for the unnaturalness of it....

    ReplyDelete