Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Saturday, 31 December 2016

New Year already.

 I have reached the end of the year feeling like someone pulled through a hedge backwards ~ emotionally dishevelled.

My mother in law died suddenly, I left a hideous job, was in hospital a lot and spent a month at home in bed.

Throughout all of this one thing kept us going ~ the run up to and the warm memories of Daley and Zoe's wedding.


I can not see 2017 being easy ~my father in law is terminally ill and my mom needs more help and support in her quest to live independently.

But we have another wedding to shine a light.


 This is the happy couple making their invitation cards a couple of months ago. We had a production line going on my dining room table, my desk, the floor, everywhere!

I have two resolutions for the new year:
1. To calmly keep on keeping on,
2. To go out for a walk every day.

Simple, quiet resolutions.

Wishing you all good wishes for 2017.

L.x.



2 comments:

  1. What very sensible, and do-able, resolutions.
    I love your curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ~ the couple in the bottom pic have them in their living room and I asked if I could copy them. They are from Dunelm ~ I have a touch of duck egg blue in every room in my house ~ I'm mad on it.

    ReplyDelete