Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 14 November 2016

Canal calling

In my romantic mind I think I could happily live on this boat. It is one of many we saw this Summer.


Having spent a week holidaying on a barge I know that it is hard work ~ locks, clearing debris from the engine parts etc.

But the ability to untie the ropes and quietly move on is very appealing.

I love canals and canal boats. I feel relaxed as I walk along listening to the gentle chug of a passing barge.


My family tree mentions several boatmen. As I walk our local canals I often think that I am drawn to the canals as it must be in my blood!

L.x.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I can see why it appeals! I remember that funny episode of Keeping Up Appearances - Riparian Entertainments. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo's Lynn.
    So sorry to hear of your health troubles. Thank you for your lovely comment over at my blog.
    Get better soon
    Jacquie xxx

    ReplyDelete