Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Saturday, 12 November 2016

A lovely start to the day.

This past 2 weeks I have slept such a lot. Whole days spent in bed as my sticky blood condition worsened and I had to do injections again. I felt a tad fed up at times.

So I think you will appreciate the thrill I felt this morning when I went into the spare bedroom to check on my amaryllis bulb which is finally growing. This year's bulb is a late developer.



Then, a cursory glance through the window......


.... a green woodpecker!!!!!
We get lots of the great spotted woodpeckers but this is the first time we've seen the green one at home. We watched for a good five minutes as it pecked at the grass - poor worms.

So a promising start ~ happy weekend!
L.x.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn, thank you- I was recently given an amaryllis and I am rubbish with plants, so I was thrilled to see mine looks EXACTLY like yours right now. This gives me hope!! Weekend blessings, friend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! It's taken nearly 3 weeks to get to this point and that seems a bit slow to me.
      It should be plain sailing now ☺

      Delete
  2. Little joys...!
    Your amaryllis will astonish you and shoot up. Mine did just the same last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been unwell. I don't think I've ever even heard of a green woodpecker before.

    ReplyDelete