Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Remembering Sheila........


For many years, except last year for some reason, I bought an amaryllis kit as part of my mother in law's birthday gift in November. I usually bought myself one too and we would have a kind of "amaryllis race" reporting growth progress when we chatted. Whose would be the first to flower? Who would have the most flowers? And in recent years would the flower colour show any resemblance to the one on the box? Lol.

I bought a kit this weekend. It is at the brown dead looking stage. Funny how I always think I've bought a dud and it will do nothing!

It should be in flower just after Christmas hence why I chose white ~ much more Spring like than Christmas red!!

Am tempted to buy more for myself. Am tempted to start some off for my daughter in law and my soon to be daughter in law ~ I could give them as Christmas presents when they will be in bud.

Maybe.
L.x.

PS I seem to recall I was working so hard at school that I felt too stressed to grow an amaryllis last year ~ salutory note to self ~ never get that busy/work stressed again. Life is too short.

5 comments:

  1. I was given one last week. Hoping it blossoms beautifully too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had one that didn't bloom so good luck!

      Delete
  2. Just wondering where you bought yours Lynn?
    I love to grow Amaryllis in the winter.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Lynn. It's mum in law's birthday tomorrow and I want to include one with her gifts.
      xxxx

      Delete