Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 10 October 2016

Knitting therapy

My days seem sad and slow right now.
My father in law is currently receiving respite care in a nearby hospice.
We sit and watch and wait. He chats and naps. Time is held in  calm suspension.
Outside the sun shines, the birds sing, seemingly oblivious of our inward commotion.
On Saturday evening Steve and I went to watch football on tv with his Dad. We all enjoyed it.
Whenever there is stress in my life I return to the comfort of knitting.

Easy, no need to think, garter stitch~ using up my yarn leftovers to make a charity blanket.
I have let my supply agencies know that I am unavailable for work this week.
It is time to slacken the pace and support family.
L.x.






4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's hard, Lynn. I agree that knitting is so calming. God be with you in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure knitting will bring the comfort you need right now, thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure knitting will bring the comfort you need right now, thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete