Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Tidy gardening - charming, challenge or chore?


This is one of the gardens at Castle Cornet on Guernsey. I am intrigued with formal plantings like this and often think that I would love such a tidy and structured space.

By nature I am a very tidy , organised person to the point of being a bit over the top but I think I would find it very difficult to be so disciplined in the garden.

I am making a few changes in my own garden in the hope of making it low maintenance. I would imagine this gardens simplicity actually needs quite a lot of effort and maintenance?

Probably the worst part of all this discipline would be garden centre visits. No more impulse buying of "must have " plants. Though I am far more disciplined in my purchases these days as I strive for simpler, less effort growing.

I love a tidy garden but I also love the froth and exuberabce of a well stuffed border ~ lol. So would I find a more structured garden charming, challenge or chore?

L.x.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting garden, but I would want to put in a bit more 'froth'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an admirer of anyone who can keep any sized garden tidy, mine is decidedly muddled, tomatoes grow amongst the flowers here, and I seem to do a good job of weed cultivating......my little patch is frothy enough I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like our garden was too simple this year. More fluff next year!

    ReplyDelete