Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 19 September 2016

Boat fascination

I remember as a child I used to love watching the activities in a harbour. The boats, fishermen bringing in a catch of fish, the smell of the sea.
My fascination continues.
I found lots of boat pics on my camera.


I like the stark contrast of our cruise ship and the silent solitude that seemed to envelop this small sailing boat.


I find the tinkling of the halyards soothing though I know some find this irritating. There are "how to's" on sailing sites about how not to annoy your neighbours with clanging halyards.


This was La Rochelle with happily clanging halyards!
And a happy harbour view in Guernsey.



The cruise ships can not enter the harbour on Guernsey so you go ashore on a tender. The sea was very rough and the crew had a really difficult job getting us all safely back on the ship.


It was a bit scary. But my fascination for boats continues still!
L.x.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn! That looks like FUN! I love boats, too! I have never been on a cruise though so I don't know what that feels like. Ferry boats, yes!
    I hope you are doing well!
    Love love love!

    ReplyDelete