Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Saying it with flowers

It occurred to me today that I have my own "language of flowers" going on in my home right now.

This is a bunch of sunshine in a jug. "These are to cheer you up" and the flowers and hugs from my son and his fiancee have certainly done the trick!



I am on sick leave right now. Five weeks of ear infection and three lots of antibiotics has resulted in a lump forming on my ear drum. A stay in hospital and an operation lies ahead. So I am at home taking it easy, taking more meds, and taking time to smell the roses on my living room window sill.


And in the hall a potted plant says "Welcome home!"


I sigh a huge sigh of relief and gratitude as I walk into this space.

I love flowers but I am appreciating them even more this week as I rest.

L.x.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, my blogging skills are rusty. How did I manage to write one commwnt three times? Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon, Lynn! (BIG HUG)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. Hope all well soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete