Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 25 July 2016

Flowers and fundraising and finding a new normal ☺


School broke up on Friday. I was still on sick leave.  I won't be going back in September. I am trying to find a new normal. It is weird and wonderful to have so much free time.
The parents of my reception children had these flowers delivered to my home and also a voucher for afternoon tea for two. I was very touched.
My son is cycling 100 miles on Sunday for charity. I was very very touched when he told me that his chosen charity is the Hughes Syndrome Foundation. As you know, I battle with Hughes daily ~ stroke like episodes and memory loss. It means such a lot that he is doing this for the charity that has quite literally been a lifeline to me.
Now the cheeky bit ~ this is his fundraising page should you wish to support him!
www.virginmoneygiving.com/GregHunt100
With so much illness at present, life has seemed very grey but I am finally finding some colour and hope in my days. Family and friends have visited and helped me to smile again. Am beginning to find and like this new normal.
L.x.




6 comments:

  1. Dear Lynn, I know all about finding a new normal, so I do empathise with you. I'm sorry that you are once again having a bad time with health. Saying a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new normal is a smart way to think about our changes. How lovely that your son is biking for the HSF charity.
    I am sure your students will never forget their wonderful teacher.
    I'm eager to read of your ideas and the new direction your precious life will take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new normal is a smart way to think about our changes. How lovely that your son is biking for the HSF charity.
    I am sure your students will never forget their wonderful teacher.
    I'm eager to read of your ideas and the new direction your precious life will take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lynn, Thankyou for sharing your journey. From this entry, beginning to learn abt. Hughes Syndrome. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind comments.
    Much love. L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn.......how lovely to find your blog again, although I'm so sorry to hear that you have been unwell......the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete