Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 14 July 2016

Clouds and Silver Linings.

My enforced rest time has got me thinking.

I love teaching but it has completely taken over my life.

 Next term, once the operation is done, I shall just do odd days of supply.

It feels strange to have leisure time back, that worries me, as I realise just what a workaholic I had become.



I did a little stamping the other day. It may become a card. I am in a lot of pain so it's hard to settle to do much.

I have a lot of time on my hands and lots of time to think.

I am seeking greater balance in my life. I am remembering things which brought me joy and am re~introducing them into my life.

It is odd to think "what shall I do today?" Every minute was bound up with school work. Now I am free.

My world had become very black and white but I am beginning to see colours again.

I would never have chosen to be poorly but it has made me take stock.

Even this cloud has had a silver lining.
L.x.

6 comments:

  1. You are very wise to allow yourself grace and also time for God to reveal His plans for you. I'm very happy for you! I'm praying for your ear.
    You are a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to read about the pain. How long do you have to wait for the op? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet ~ awaiting scans to see the extent of the damage and what type of surgery will be required. They say it is important to get done sooner rather than later as I am risk of loss of hearing and balance. Any further infection could go to the brain - a risk of brain absess or meningitis so I am not expecting a long wait.

      Delete
  3. Thoughts and prayers are with you Lynn - take each day at a time, and know that you are loved and valued xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ such kind words x

      Delete