Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 15 July 2016

Bargains

I have found some good bargains lately. This little lot of fresh fruit, veg, and hummus should have cost over £12; I paid £3! It was all delicious. The mash is in the freezer and will top cottage pies probably. I also got £6 worth of wholemeal bread and rolls for £3 and it still had two days to run on the sell by date.



This trailing begonia is a bit weirdly shaped and wild but I kinda like that! It was reduced from £6 to £1 ~ I kinda like that too!


I suppose I should trim it up a bit but I can't bring myself to do it!
L.x.

6 comments:

  1. No - let it grow wild and free! I think your decision to do occasional supply is a good one. Not sure how old you are - but have you checked out your Teacher's Pension ? I found the TPA have been incredibly helpful since I hit 60!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 52 and my TP is tiny as I have worked so little.
      Thank you for commenting though ☺ L.x.

      Delete
  2. A very pretty begonia! Do hope you are feeling more 'back on track' now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth ~ am feeling better each day ~ thank you.x.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynn! Great bargains! Yeah, my teacher pension is little, too. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pom Pom thanks for commenting 😉 L.x.

      Delete