Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 8 December 2014

Endings and Beginnings






Last month I packed up 14 boxes for the Link to Hope charity - filled with knitted goodies and treats from the charity knit and natter group I set up 3 years ago.

We also sent several bin bags full of warm hand knitted clothes, scarves, hats and mittens and crochet blankets and loads of donated reading spectacles.

I then took a sackful of clothes which had been knitted for sale in the Cancer Research shop and two huge sackfuls of premature baby clothes for the local Special Care Baby Unit.

And then I handed over the reins of the club to another member.

I was so sad to do this. I have led the group and had such fun doing so. At our Christmas meal they gave me a bouquet, a lovely card and a voucher for Marks and Spencer. I felt really guilty - they said I had done a lot for them but really I had done much of it for myself - to keep myself busy in rather grim times. I cried at their generosity and kindness - they cried too!!

And now with a return to health (following a massive change/addition to my medication) I shall return to work and so must give up all my voluntary work.

I have been going into school 3 times a week this half term and now have learnt all the children's names, most of their little foibles and funny ways, and have thoroughly enjoyed my little self. Most of my planning for next term is in place and much of my resources made. The freezer is full of home-made ready meals and I am ready to start - GULP!!

So some stuff ends and some stuff starts - the way of the world, I suppose.
L.x.



7 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will find that you cope marvellously...it's like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it. You will be such a good teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you! The children don't know how blessed they ARE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've achieved so much in the face of ill health, so glad you're well enough to go back to work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first visit here, and I admire all the knitting and giving you are doing, and now you are able to return to work. I saw your blog listed on the Land of Big Sky blog. Merry Christmas new blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and all the best for your new teaching adventures in 2015! xx

    ReplyDelete