Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Do you like Autumn?

There has been a lot of blog  talk of late about the changing season. It seems that Autumn is like Marmite - you either love it or you hate it. Or maybe only those with strong views either way comment!

I am ok with Autumn. I am ok with all the seasons as there is something lovely to be found in each. 

The seasons will change regardless of whether I whine or whinge so I am just going to find something lovely in them all! I decided on this when I was a teenager waiting for the school bus in all weathers!

Whilst I am sad that my Summer flowers are going over there is still a lot of colour in the garden. As plentiful Summer borders empty I am beginning to see the bare bones of the garden and can see which plants need to be moved, pruned or divided. 

I spend a little time each day pondering and planning.

I wandered around my garden on Sunday.........








I even found a few tomatoes on a very bedraggled plant in the greenhouse. 














I am lucky to have a garden - it brings me colour and hope and something to look forward to, whatever the season.


L.x.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, there is always something to look forward to at any season in the garden. What a lot of colour you still have in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and a great attitude Lynn.
    I feel happy to have a garden and try to enjoy all the seasons....thanks for the reminder that there are good things about all of them.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn, I'm saying this "tongue in cheek" can I have garden envy? Your garden is so lush and beautiful, absolutely gorgeous♥ We really don't have major changes between our seasons here:( Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda - Thanks!
      Lush sadly also means "Loads of rain" - lol!!
      L.x.

      Delete