Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Sunday, 7 September 2014

She blinked and six months had passed ......


My sunny garden this afternoon. 



Thank you to everyone who got in touch asking if I was ok. There have been a few scary moments healthwise - such as the out of hours doctor's prescription  which a  Hughes patient should never ever have - can cause a major stroke - but I am still here to tell the tale - but boy did I feel poorly for a few weeks!

I stopped writing because I could not think of anything much to say. People who know me in real life will find this a bit weird that  The Chatterbox should have nothing to say!

I feel that this time has been a time of growth and change. There was a lot of crafting and a lot of trying out new recipes. I read a lot and joined an online challenge to draw every day. I  am useless at drawing and wanted to learn more. This challenge gives a list of what to draw each day. But you know me, I am useless at being told what to do - lol! So I got into the habit of searching online for stuff to draw and then each evening I settled down to draw what I had chosen.

My birthday came along as it is wont to do. I am now 51 and feel the best and the youngest I have felt in a long while!! (I am also 2 stones lighter!)

For my birthday Steve bought me a tablet which I am loving. On a bad day I can curl up on the sofa with my music, t'internet, books and blogs and I am very happy.

Thankfully there are now more - loads more, good days than bad and I am working for Steve and looking for teaching work. 

Alex graduated with a 1st and the ceremony was in Bath Abbey. Of course my eyes brimmed with tears as I am a silly old fool!! We also had a week of celebrations as Alex turned 21 and different folk came to party but all at different times because of work commitments etc so the party just went on and on. 

I learnt a lot this Summer - some of it a bit dreary - how to self inject medication - not nice, but necessary. But most of it was good  and perhaps I can share this here in later posts. 

My overwhelming feeling is that I am back - not just in Blogland but back in Life in General and that is a good feeling!
L.x.





21 comments:

  1. Yay for you, Lynn. I am going to happy birthday you very soon, so we'll drag that out, too. Is that okay?
    I'm so glad to see you. I think of you so often. You are a lovely presence in Blog Land!
    Your garden looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynn, so very glad to see you posting. Your garden looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth -really pleased your husband will be home tomorrow.
      L.x

      Delete
  3. H Lynn, so glad you are feeling well and loving life.
    Great to heat your news and WELL DONE to Alex.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to have you back, all the best
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks MBB - I love the photos on your blog.
      L.x.

      Delete
  7. Missed your blogging, glad you're back and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your kind words.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lynn and welcome back:) I've don't think I've ever commented on your blog before:( I apologise for not letting you know how much joy your blog has given me, your wisdom, wonderful photos, your gentle and calming nature, it's always such a pleasure to pop by and visit♥ You popped into my mind last night (I've been checking from time to time) and it was a wonderful surprise to read your post this morning, I'm so happy you are feeling really well and feeling younger than ever:) Love the photos of your garden, just beautiful. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Linda - your comment has really made my day! Thank you.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are back too Lynn, I was really concerned about you and checked here often. So happy to know you are okay and that you are feeling so well too. It's nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Back Lynn, So glad that you are feeling better and it was a lovely surprise to see this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim thanks for visiting ☺

      Delete
  13. Fabulous to hear you sounding so chipper! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete