Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Saturday, 20 September 2014

Growing old is but a number

Thank you for your lovely comments on the last post. Straight after the interview we packed the car and were away on mini break. We had a lovely few days in Wales and then we met up with our three sons in Chester to celebrate our eldest son's birthday (he's 28!!)

It's been a lovely break from the norm.

As we were walking along this beach I was pondering  "Blimey I don't  feel old enough to have a son turning 28."  I am not worried by this, it just feels funny as I feel quite young!

Then I saw an elderly chap who had left his wheelchair on the promenade and walked a short distance on his walking stick to a large piece of driftwood on the sand. He sat down on the driftwood, quite alone on the almost deserted beach and proceeded to remove the shop wrapping paper on a brightly coloured children's kite and started to fly it joyfully.

He demonstrated  joy in the moment and joy for the future. I hope I shall never lose pleasure in simple, happy things. He gave me much hope. ☺
L.x.

5 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Beautiful story! I'm so glad you're enjoying a holiday, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks PP we're home now with tons of laundry ☺

      Delete
  2. xxx age has nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story, we're all still kids at heart♥ I love Chester and have many happy memories of times spent with my family there. You will never lose the pleasure in simple things Lynn, it comes across in your posts the joy and happiness you see on a daily basis:) Beautiful photo as well. Hope you have a marvellous week. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete