Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
I saw him with my very own eyes, right outside my very own house!

Sunday, 9 March 2014

Sunday 9th March 2014



Today was my kind of perfect day.

We woke early and ate bacon butties.

There was time for a  l-o-n-g soak in the bath.

We went to church.

We collected my husband's old personal number plates for his new (to him!) car.

We had a picnic, with a new to us wine, in our own garden.

We gardened.

Then he watched the rugby and England won!! I carried on gardening.

We had home-cooked curry for tea, prepared yesterday ; so today was a no cook kinda day.

Call the midwife is on TV later - we will watch in bed with tea and chocolate.

There is a new fluffy duvet and new fluffy pillows on the bed.

And yes, tomorrow (and probably several days later) I  will suffer for all that gardening & activity today; but who cares? Today I was normal.

What more can a girl want?

NOTHING!!

L.x.

PS I have spent much of the past few weeks in bed - hence my exuberance over a "normal" day!!. x

5 comments:

  1. How lovely! I think the sunshine today has made us all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love you, good Lynn. Yay for a GREAT day! Call the Midwife season 3! I can't wait! I've already ordered it.
    We are still in the middle of our afternoon and just back from a long walk. Our oldest son is coming for dinner and to spend the night before leaving for the airport early tomorrow (a conference in Texas). Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel better just reading your blog - I'm so glad you had a perfect day, it all sounds so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such an enjoyable day. I get up for about an hour, rest of time bed. Fed up..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I was for weeks - I sympathise with you.

      Delete