Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
I saw him with my very own eyes, right outside my very own house!

Saturday, 1 February 2014

52 Projects and all that!

When I wrote my 52 projects  list I just groaned and put the list in my desk drawer!!

I mean, there is a reason why these jobs haven't been done and that's because 1) they are difficult, or 2) they are boring or 3) they are both!!

But subconsciously the list must have sparked something because hey ho end of Jan and I am an achiever - ye ha!!

Project 1.I attempted to alter two pairs of trousers - one a success, one not;  but at least I tried. And they would both have been thrown out so it was worth trying.

2. Mend kitchen flooring - the trim at the edge of the laminate floor had come away. It was fiddly but took just 20 minutes whilst I listened to an audio book to stay sane!

3. Make a bag from a freebie.

Ages ago Steve was given this bag full of freebies when he was at a conference.


I wanted to hang it from the back of my passenger car seat to hold cloth bags for my grocery shopping. 
But it was a bit dull. I toyed with adding a red gingham fabric to hide the lettering as my car is red with black seats. But in the end I decided to add a fabric that would make my heart sing every time I saw it - and just the fabric was in my stash....



And my final Jan project? I decided to start a mammoth Spring Clean and it is almost done. I had read about "speed cleaning" where you time yourself and go at a mad pace. I get little exercise and this was fun, got my heart going and the cleaning sorted!!

Who knows what Feb will bring but I think I shall try to keep this up!!

L.x.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! I have one of those freebie bags in the loft. I shall dig it out and see if that can go on my 52 projects list. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great going - I don't know why my first comments keep disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your bag, it would bring a smile to my face each time I got in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bag, too! Look at you go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bag - I would never have imagined it could look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start Lynn, love the bag!
    I've added you to the latest post x

    ReplyDelete