Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Word of the year

I quite like having a word for the year to focus on rather than resolutions which always seem to strangle the joy out of life.

A few years back my word was simplify, which I did.

This year my word for consideration is "less".

I want to own less, spend less, eat less and thus weigh less.

I would like to be in a Dr or hospital waiting room less too but as I have 12 appointments this month alone I think this one may take a wee bit longer to achieve  :(

I started my campaign of less the day after Boxing Day and so far I am doing quite well. On the "own less stuff" front I have sent books, clothes, magazines, crockery - about 30 items in all - to recycling. My grocery budget has been cut dramatically and I am feeling free from "stuff".

I think I must be the only person in Blogland reluctant to put the Christmas decorations away - I haven't read of a single person who felt the same! But I did it anyway so I guess that makes the room look less cluttered but it was a jolly fairy light clutter and I miss it!

Suppers are of the slow cooker variety. We even decided to forego a Sunday roast in favour of an extremely spicy chicken and butter bean dish served with cheese & jalapeno tortillas.



The days are short and dark and I find that quite comforting, oddly enough. 

Tonight's supper is cottage pie and we will eat it in front of the fire!

I read this the other day....

Bill Skarsgard

I do love how different January feels compared to June. I love the quietness of January.
Hope you are having a good January, thus far.
L.x.

4 comments:

  1. Cottage pie, the epitome of a comforting Winter meal! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am considering a slow cooker. Not that I do any cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the decorations and I love the "quiet" when they are packed away. I too like the long nights and cozy, cloudy days. Though when spring and summer arrive I love them too. This is a good time for a cup of hot tea and a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Less, less, less. A very good idea. Our load will be lighter and we'll see clearly, too.

    ReplyDelete