Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Right side, wrong side cowl

Free, in that it was made using left over wool from other projects, this cowl is very warm. 

I have arthritis in my neck so I  even wear cowls around the house and the pain just vanishes as they are so warm. 

I knitted it over Christmas but, naughty girl, put off the sewing up (all those threads to sew  in!!) The threading in and sewing up only took 20 minutes so why had I put it off so?
I wore it yesterday for the first time - love it :)
I am easily cheered by colour.

I think even the reverse side looks good - I even prefer it, I think. But Steve is a traditionalist and says wearing it the wrong side is just wrong - lol!!


But I like being a rebel :) so I sewed a flat seam, so I can wear it either way. (Still haven't tried circular needles - so maybe not that much of a rebel - lol!)

L.x.

Want to know if you should knit today? Just take a look at this knitting flow chart!

(from allfreeknittting.com)

3 comments:

  1. I have a cowl....that I knitted! and find it very comforting to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cozy around our swan-like necks! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both sides - and why not inside out? Sometimes that is the prettiest side. Plus it gives double value - 2 in 1 - so not only was it free because of using scraps of yarn, it is double free.

    ReplyDelete