Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
The view from my kitchen window...

Thursday, 16 January 2014

Odd one out


Within my bunch of supermarket standard daffodils there is a frilly rogue sporting lime green petal markings.

I have no idea the species but it is very special - probably made more so by the more ordinary support act :)

This is just part of the bunch as I am stretching my pounds worth across two vases!

L.x.

                          “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant:  if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."

                                                                   (Anne Bradstreet)


Edited to add: Sorry about the odd font/spacing. I reckon Blogger is like a child; when it's good, it is a darling; when it's bad the whole show can go pear-shapedl!!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely flower......could you take seed fro t I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that - have just googled it and it seems it may take years for the seed to become a mature bulb and then it might not come true to the original flower - but I am a wee bit tempted to try :)
      L.x.

      Delete
    2. You could always try typing in a description on google to get the name and then buy the bulbs!

      Delete
    3. Hi Jill - yes I just did that and came up with several
      names and many suggestions that this a mutation due to weather and therefore won't come true anyway!
      L.x.

      Delete
  2. So lovely to find something out of the ordinary.
    http://gonebeading.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lynn,
    lovely flowers. love the yellow!!!
    have a nice weekend,
    regina

    ReplyDelete