Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
I saw him with my very own eyes, right outside my very own house!

Sunday, 26 January 2014

Home alone

January is Manic Month for accountants as it is tax returns month. So January is a lonely month for accountant's wives :)

Steve worked again yesterday so what's a girl to do with an empty Saturday to fill?

Well this girl - read old magazines, drank oodles of tea and stayed in her PJ's all morning!!

Then I de-cluttered a kitchen cupboard and chucked all my plastic mixing bowls, a plastic picnic jug which I never use and a grater that always gets blocked up with cheese.
I got rid of any costume jewellery that I never wear.
A single bed duvet set that I hate - binned!
A well used cushion that now looks as jaded as I do - binned!
I deleted "favourites" on my computer that are no longer favourites.
I got rid of a magazine I bought and enjoyed and finished last week.
I paid bills that I had left to deal with later (it's ok they are not due to be paid til next month!!)
I got rid of half a filing cabinet of writing drafts no longer required (some have been published, some were rejected. The rejected ones made me cringe each time I opened the drawer - lol!)
I sorted my socks (exciting , I know!)
I got rid of china trinket bowls which I loved once but not any more.
I re-organised my dressing table and chucked tons of stuff.
I made my daily phone call to check up on my Mom's news.
I put pots of daffs round the house - a gift that had sat in a jug in the kitchen waiting to open.


I then had a bath, washed my hair, put on make-up, ditched the pj's, did a mini manicure and felt much better than at 8am when Steve had gone to work!

And I realised why I had not coped well with the week's bad bits - my B12 jab is due soon! So I shall soon feel human again :)

L.x.

One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
Lucille Ball



2 comments:

  1. Wow! You did A LOT, Lynn! Yay for a shot of zip coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you certainly had quite the varied day - I love days like that. Glad you had a successful day. Love the daffodils - we got our first small bouquet at the grocery store today - the commercial fields are still quite a ways from harvest - so we'll make do with the grocery stores until the field stands open.

    ReplyDelete