Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
I saw him with my very own eyes, right outside my very own house!

Monday, 13 January 2014

Family time

Yesterday was the anniversary of when my Dad died - it's been many years- time seems to speed by. But, of course, the sense of sadness & loss remains.

I didn't want my Mom to be on her own so we arranged a family meal.

Before people arrived, and whilst Steve went to fetch my Mom, I pottered; laying the table, lighting a fire etc.


(Our TV broke just before Christmas and so we brought a very ancient set downstairs from one of the bedrooms and still it remains!)


























As I got ahead with the food - this little scene caught my eye and I thought to myself that this is when I am happiest; cooking for others.  (By the way, the wine was the remains of a glass I had put into a sauce - I only drank that teeny drop as I was cooking!! I did have some at the table though!)

It was terribly cold and gloomy outside but it was warm and really quite happy indoors - my Mom put on a brave face and we enjoyed our time together.

It's funny how days you dread can be ok after all.

L.x.

I'm just someone who likes cooking and for whom sharing food is a form of expression.
Maya Angelou 



1 comment:

  1. I like that Maya quote. She's a good woman. I'm glad you had such a lovely meal with your mom, to cheer her.

    ReplyDelete