Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Wednesday, 4 December 2013

What a relief - it is finished!

The knitted nativity is done!

This has been a difficult project.

I chose an Alan Dart pattern - bought online. But when I perused it further, after purchase, I realised that it wasn't really child friendly. I want children in the church creche to be able to play with it. So I have had to change nearly all of the trimmings with only the basic body pattern being suitable. 

In the end I gave in and stopped knitting and used felt - otherwise it would never have been finished!!

I will put it anonymously in the creche tomorrow - hope they like it.



Utterly relieved that it is done!
L.x.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet that is. It isnt easy to completely change a pattern, but you have succeeded in making it look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They WILL like it - they'll LOVE it! How cute! Well done, Lynn! YOU are a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete