Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Surround me with colour and craft and then I'm a happy bunny

Monday morning was dark and rainy and it remained so all day.

I had Christmas gifts to finish (late, I know!) and so hurtled through some minimal housework, decided on what would be for supper and then got stitching whilst watching this on catch up TV....

Stuart Hillard, Sandra Lavender, May Martin, Patrick Grant, Lauren Guthrie and Anne Rowley in The Great British Sewing Bee Christmas Special

The Christmas edition of the Great British Sewing Bee. I loved it; so much so -  I could happily watch it again whilst doing the ironing!! (Note to self - lol)

An hour of watching and stitching and Christmas pressies were finished - just a sneak peak at a pressie whose recipient doesn't read my blog.



And don't worry if you are a friend who does read my blog - you're not getting a beanie - lol!

I have to say I did feel guilty having fun whilst my husband is busy working but then I thought this is my work - making Christmas presents from what I already have - saving money is similar to earning money, surely?

L.x.

PS. Who says knitting doesn't make the world a better place?



(Via http://dmc-usa.com DMCThreads)

5 comments:

  1. All bus stops should have hats like that!
    I missed the programme, but was sad to see that the reviews were not very good. I'm sure there were some interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it but people seem so critical don't they? They want new stuff all the while. I just wanted a nice gentle programme with a few laughs - I did find some new ideas but perhaps I should have known them already. I loved your memories post btw :)
      L.x.

      Delete
  2. Oh indeed - making gifts from what we have is definitely "making money" - and the gifts are such a treasure to receive, when lovingly made.

    Oh the bus stop - now that is one great place to wait for the but - wonder how long it took to knit one row on that hat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you DO SO much at home to save money! Yay for that! I'm all for it!
    Funny yarn bombing!

    ReplyDelete