Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Tuesday, 26 November 2013

When Mary got a makeover....

I think Mary's face looked a bit scary and not quite real....


so several attempts later, I think she looks less scary .
The wise men have arrived...


So the stable is getting a bit full; so really it is just as well that they actually came by much, much later in reality!


Will be glad when this project is done - shepherds and wise men are just fiddly - knitting sheep is a whole other story - lol!

Better tell Joseph to get a move on as well.
L.x.

2 comments:

  1. They are fab ,I have just promised to knit a nativity for my friends Christmas present ,next year! Which pattern have you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny - and thanks for commenting. This is an Alan Dart downloadable pattern - cost £2.50
    I am a bit disappointed with the pattern as Alan Dart doesn't take into account young children playing with the set - this is for my church creche so of course it has to be child safe and friendly so I have had to change a lot of the decoration and embellishments. The basic body is easy though - but I chose not to stuff the arms as it would be too fiddly and they look just fine. I also got fed up of all the knitting so I have made cloaks and scarves etc out of felt.
    I know Jean Greenhowe also has a pattern online again £2.50
    If I did this again I think I would also make the stable out of felt - much quicker!
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete