Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Tuesday, 19 November 2013

It's been an age.....

Life got complicated.

You know how it is.

Life  suddenly throws so much at you that you know you need to re-group, kinda thing; prioritise stuff in order  to get you through and just believe that a normal, of some sort, will soon present itself and you will adjust.

I have had many, many medical appointments - up to 5 a week, but at least 2 or 3 every week.

I wanted to keep up my voluntary work, keep up my housekeeping & working for my husband's business, try new things(recipes, crafts) , declutter the house, prepare for Christmas, have time for my lovely (living away from home) boys and still stay sane.

So blogging was put on hold.

But I did read all my fellow bloggers and thank you for keeping me sane & inspiring me to keep on keeping on!!!

And in spite of  all the busy - ness, life has been good.

I did actually wonder why I even bother to blog when there are so many lovely sites to visit each day.
But my answer was that I have a dreadful memory due to all my health issues and blogging offers me a way to remember, to savour and to see that I am living a worthwhile & productive life after all, even if I do forget it within a day or two. At least here I can revisit and review and enjoy the moment again and again.

I re-discovered Pinterest - I love Pinterest. There I found wonderful ways to de-clutter and organise. I have researched lots of different takes on minimalism. One lady said she just stopped re-organising her stuff and just got rid of her stuff - lol - job done :) So I have seriously looked again at what I have and thought of dear old William Morris....

 
Tying to live by this one over here. :: William Morris Quote Archival Print by lisacongdon


I was a woman on a mission! If you stood still long enough in my house you were either cleaned , decluttered or chucked!!

And through all the busy days I found it a comforting thought that nature continued on her colourful way, regardless.........














L.x.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back, I always enjoy your cheerful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you. Hope all is well now.
    What amazing colour in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE your English garden/yard! It's gorgeous! YOU are a dear girl and I am always so happy to read your words. ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, Elizabeth & Pom Pom - thanks for reading :)
      L.x.

      Delete
  4. Hi Friend, I know what you are feeling. I take one day at a time! Good to hear your feeling better. Love your photos, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely to see you back again, I have thought of you often. It is two years since we moved from West Dorset and are well and truly settled here in Ludlow in my home county of Shropshire. We are enjoying the wonderful Autumn colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing - I was only thinking of you the other day, Alison :)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete