Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Tuesday, 24 September 2013

The peace to be found in the every day stuff.


I know that this may seem foolish but there is a lot to be said for the every day stuff.

Just quietly doing the task in hand and then the next and then the next can quieten the mind and strengthen the soul.

This morning I tidied and cleaned, did laundry and changed bed linen. I de-cluttered and threw things away. I planned craft activities for the church playgroup.  I ate a light lunch and then walked into the village for a meeting where I was given warm clothing which two kind ladies had knitted for the homeless. Other people's generosity can be very heart warming, don't you think?

On the walk down I admired the many pretty gardens and I concentrated on the rhythm of each step. On the way home I picked up a few groceries and then wearily climbed the hill home,stopping at the allotments to admire the many dahlias that are in full bloom there.

I am thankful for a peaceful ordinary day filled with every day stuff.

L.x.

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
Laura Ingalls Wilder 

3 comments:

  1. 'Ordinary' days are so good, balm for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture you taking your walk. You are such a fine writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful sunflower. I have a post started also about the simple things in life. I love ordinary days, so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete