Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 23 September 2013

Sad bits, happy bits : Life

Hello again.

Gosh I have seen a lot since I was last here. It was the sort of stuff that kind of changes you but you continue on life's way anyhow.

On Thursday I visited a friend, terribly ill, in our wonderful hospice.  I felt like life's rug had been pulled from beneath my feet.

The next day I had a hospital appointment - the good news is my MRI scan shows no brain damage. The bad news is I am almost certainly experiencing TIA's - mini strokes caused by Hughes Syndrome.

I shouldn't really have been shocked by this as two other consultants have said the same.

And then I got the dreaded call that my dear, dear friend has died. On Friday evening I cried myself to sleep - utterly selfishly -  as I shall miss her so, so much. I should just be thankful that her pain is finished and she is at peace with the Lord she loved so much. But I will miss her tons.

On Saturday morning we went ahead with our planned visit to Dorset - to empty CJ, our caravan, & prep her for the Winter. As we loaded the car, we chattered about my dear friend and laughed again at some of our happy times with her.

Dorset was gorgeously warm and restorative, as usual.



The church service at our favourite holiday church was very apt and I did feel more peaceful as I left.

We then walked the coastal path.....


 ....... and I relished God's beauty.


And now we are home and stuff needs doing and I shall do it. 
But I feel bruised and battered but thankful.

That's life, I guess: sad bits and happy bits.
L.x.

7 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, which I do most days anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to lose a good friend. You will have many happy memories I'm sure, but it's hard right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sadness, but the sweet memories will be restorative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss dear Lynn. We lost our friend to cancer a few weeks ago, it's hard. sending hugs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for your loss. Thinking of you at this sad time. x

    ReplyDelete