Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 16 September 2013

Knitting hats for Innocent Smoothie bottles

As you probably know knitters are making hats which will go on Innocent Smoothie bottles. During November for every hatted bottle purchased 25p is donated by the drink manufacturer to Age UK.

Most of my hats are of the standard pom pom design...


But then my mind began to wander and wonder if..........


Complete with pom pom tail  :) Fun.

Our charity knitting group have also made a load so I shall be collecting them together this week for posting.
One standard hat takes just half an hour start to finish - a nice quick project which we have all enjoyed.

L.x.

Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.” 
― Elizabeth Zimmermann

4 comments:

  1. I love the EZ quote, Lynn. The hats are so sweet.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is something I've never heard of - the hats are cute - I googled the project and still dont' understand why the bottles need hats. But it is clever indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joanne - no I didn't really get it either - a sales gimmick - however they have raised a million pounds in the past ten years so I'll go with that :)
      I think folks often use them as egg cosies after. I have to say I have never really understood the need for egg cosies either - lol!!
      L.x.

      Delete
  3. I have done 10 and will be sending them off when we get back form Brighton. Love the bunny!

    ReplyDelete