Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Back to Bath

On Thursday we took Alex back to university in Bath.
This year he is sharing a little cottage made of Bath stone in a quaint gated courtyard - how university accommodation has changed since my day!
Bath is as beautiful as ever, of course. So beautiful that Steve and I decided to stay for 2 days and just have a wander round again.
We visited the Jane Austin Centre, several art galleries and took a boat trip along the river.





Along the river we were totally enthralled by the number of kingfishers. Lightening streaks of blue darting across the water and then posing on the branches for us to take a closer look!



(http://www.fritzhaeg.com)

We had such a lovely time. Our hotel was on the riverbank. Each room has its own balcony and we spent some happy times sipping tea and just watching the water.

I forget an awful lot these days and so I had put in my diary a hurriedly scrawled "Bath" to remind me not to double book myself as we would be away. Last week I laughed with my friend and said, "If anyone looked in my diary they might think that I have to write down when I am going to have a wash!"
"Worst still," she grinned. "I bet you've only written it in a few times this year - they'll think you only bathe twice a year!"

And I leave you with such a dreadful thought - lol!!
L.x.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks SO pretty and the kingfishers are perfect!
    I hope you are feeling well, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in one of our favourite cities, Lynn. There is no where quite like Bath. I wonder if you stayed at the Francis Hotel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth - we stayed at The Boathouse. It is right on the very edge of Bath as you come in from the north.
      L.x.

      Delete