Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 2 August 2013

You have to laugh - crying can not be an option ..............

Just as I was settling into my new normal (totally not normal really - but hey ho), a crisis comes along re the old blood scores and I end up on a heart machine at the doctors and leave with a letter for the hospital Accident & Emergency Department. Hughes Syndrome is a bummer and that's for sure.

Luckily it appears I have not had the mini stroke the doctor suspected but there maybe "changes " within my brain which need to be further investigated. I am holding onto the fact that these spots may just be that the CT scan machine had a blip - another possible cause. 


So now I wait and look on the bright and flowery side :)














Our day in A&E was actually our 21st wedding anniversary.

 As I lay on a trolley waiting for the brain scan I said to my husband, "You do bring me to some lovely places - this must top the lot for our anniversary." "Well you know me, Babe, " he shrugs. "It's just give, give, give - I know how to treat a girl!"

So yesterday I woke feeling care worn and world weary and like I was run over by a bus. I get a cold call and feel too poorly to cut the woman short. It seems she is from Macmillan - wanting to raise funds - "I know you told us you are unable to help with our coffee mornings at the moment (due to my ill health). Have you thought of a will donation? Could we talk about your will now?"
"Not right now, " I laughed. " I was in A&E yesterday with a suspected stroke - today I'm having the day off from thinking of my death - I'll try to do another coffee morning soon. Bye for now." And sad girl that I am I laughed a bit more. Or I might just have cried - not an option :)

L.x.
PS Don't know why all the fonts are wrong on this post???? Sorry. 

There are pleasant things to think about and beauty to be found everywhere, and they grow by dwelling on them. 
Laura Ingalls Wilder

5 comments:

  1. What a way to spend your wedding anniversary. Your hubby sure knows how to treat a girl. Hope the scans turn out ok. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Lynn. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavenly Father, I pray for Lynn right now. Lord, you know her health needs. You know her stress in dealing with this. I pray that you would wrap your arms around her and comfort her right now. Let her feel your presence and your healing touch. Lord I pray not only for her body but for her nerves and anxiety as she deals with this. Touch her with your PEACE. Give her total calmness and peace as she trust you in the midst of this.

    I thank you for her wonderful spirit and sense of humor. I thank you for allowing me the privilege of praying for her.

    Amen.

    Love you Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, dear!
    Sending heaps of love, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, one bit of me laughed out loud, particularly the discussion with Macmillan. But then, I worried. Fingers crossed dear friend.

    ReplyDelete