Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 26 August 2013

The big 50 - weekends 3&4

Weekend 3 of the Big 50 celebrations sat squarely between my own and my son's birthday (20 - a mere babe!) Consequently it was spent enjoying joint birthday lunches and teas with family and friends and jolly nice (and tiring!!) it was too.

This weekend saw this August month of frivolity come to an end though we are thinking of extending as we have had a lot of frugal fun.

Yesterday we went to Hidcote Manor which I have always wanted to visit but never quite managed. A kind of freebie as we already belong to the National trust.

It was a lovely day........











During the morning, when I took these photos, it was cloudy and humid and a sigh of Autumn was in the air.

Later the sun shone and August returned for a while, before the evening drew in a little earlier than of late and I perused cookbooks for warming recipes :)

Thanks for reading.
L.x.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
Luther Burbank 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, love your pictures of Hidcote Manor and the quote you chose.
    Happy Birthday to both you and your son.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We visited Hidcote a number of times. Just loved it. Thanks for showing these lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, that is a place that we have often wanted to visit. It looks so full of colour. I'm sure you had an enjoyable wander around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I'm glad you got my card in the mail! I've been thinking about you all month, Lynn! You still have a few days of your special month left! Savor it!
    I hope you made yourself more than one birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I came over from Brenda's Cozy Little House, hoping to see what you'd done to YOUR cabinets - hope you'll post about it soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary & welcome :)
      I can't find the post - I think it may have been on my (old) All things bright and beautiful blog.
      However the cabinets are still loved & going strong so I'll take new pics.
      L.x.

      Delete