Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 5 August 2013

The big 50 - weekend 1


During August I will reach the big 50 :)

I am not usually a big celebration person; I usually prefer a quiet birthday tea with family rather than a big party.

But to be honest,  there have been (many) times during my 40's when I did wonder whether I'd reach the big 50. I say this not in a maudlin mega depressed manner but purely in a matter fact kind of way. Chronic, possibly life threatening illness forces you to be realistic - lol!

But it has made me appreciate the moment, live in the minute that is now and not to ponder too much on the future and what may or may not happen. 

And now the big 50 approaches and I do feel rather happy and excited!!

I was asked by Steve if I would like a party - I did think this over - can you imagine a themed Hawaii 50 party (my idea!!)- hee hee!

When I declined the party I was asked if I'd like to go on a holiday - but firstly I think this is a bit pricey and also I would be away from family members.

"But we have to do something special!" Steve sighed. 

So I decided on a month of cheap/freebie treats to be enjoyed each weekend. They are mainly things we have done before but not for ages and which I wanted to do again. 

This weekend it was a totally free visit to David Austin Roses. Free because entry is a freebie and I decided not to buy a rose after all! Though I did make a shortlist of possibles, I just didn't want to decide straightaway.




As you can see the weather was a bit dull but the company was sunny!












It was a lovely trip out and we get to do something similarly lovely again soon!

As soon as we left the car park, the heavens opened and it poured down for the rest of the day. So I enjoyed time in my greenhouse doing greenhousey things and then made chicken chasseur for supper and a cherry and almond cake.

                                                        Happy Days.
                                                              L.x.


                               

3 comments:

  1. Lynn! 50! You are so young!
    What a good idea to have treats every weekend. I think going to David Austin must have been super. They are just the best roses ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How beautiful and YIPPEE that you are turning fifty! WHAT a great decade. I shall be half way through it in September when I turn fifty-five. YOU are so smart to choose fun experiences to fill your August with great joy! I was just thinking about how roses are the jewels of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have to say that life took off when I was 50, ok along the way came the aches, pains and bits dropping off. But 60s are even better, more bits dropping off, aches, pains, no money, but the appreciation of life increased. Enjoy my friend. And never ever lose that sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete