Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 5 July 2013

Roses and Reading (reading as in books and not the place - ha! ha!)


I live in a  small cul de sac with just 9 houses on the main part of it - most of the neighbours are like me - nuts about gardening -  and we have many roses between us. As I walked up the close yesterday, the rose scent billowing on the warm breeze was very strong - heady and just perfect.

This rose opens to look a bit clematis - like, I think anyway. I think it is called Altissimo - a David Austin rose.




I have been re-reading Looking Forward by Marcia Willet - it has this lovely pic on the cover......


I thought of my own garden when I read this passage in this lovely book........."The scent of roses drifted in at her open window and a thrush was singing in the orchard. These familiar joys calmed her..........."

I haven't got an orchard though - lol!

Hope your day is filled with "familiar joys".   :)
L.x.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
(Cicero)

1 comment: