Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 27 June 2013

Dealing with disappointments

 This picture of the shasta daisy buds and blooms in my garden sums up how I feel right now. I feel like I am just waiting to bloom - lol!



There have been some disappointments lately; job promises that came to nothing, better pain relief that has been postponed til later in the year.

It would be easy to become dis-heartened.

But things happen for a reason.

So I am trying each day to do something that encourages me;

so lots of gardening and lots of housey stuff,

Knitting, watching films, rediscovering forgotten treasure on my bookshelf.

It is a beautiful world; we just have to behave beautifully within it whilst we wait :)

This daisy bud will bloom soon!
L.x.

5 comments:

  1. You are dealing with disappointments better than I am, I have been sulking and misery-filled. My head tells me to stop and just wait, your turn will come, my heart cries when will this be, I have been waiting so long for some peace and maybe a little joy and the more I want and crave the further away it is.

    Sometimes you have to nag the health care providers, become the 'nuisance' patient. If you go away quietly they will forget you or assume you are coping without them. Often it is a 'budget' issue regardless of your needs.

    My friend has long term chronic pain and ill health and it is a constant battle. I go with her as her 'watchdog', to remind her, or them, of what needs remembering/doing and her 'minder' when yet another person needs to find out just how much she hurts when they do this, or this, or that. I tell them to stop and read the bl**dy notes!

    I hope you can have more good days than bad and don't let them forget about you.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you Susan - I really hope things get better for you.
      L.x.

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you, dear Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord has planned your ways. He saves us from things, so I trust the job possibility was not the perfect fit He intends for you, Lynn.
    I have a Shasta daisy, too. She's just getting started.
    I pray for God's richest blessings to be heaped upon you, sweet friend.
    I just went outside to check on new growth and I'm so excited about my beans! I am still in my pajamas at 10:00. I like watching movies, too.
    love love love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, Lynn! I love your attitude. :-)

    ReplyDelete