Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 20 May 2013

A tale of two holidays

Well, one really, but two locations.

Last week we went to London.

My consultant had advised a visit to the  Hughes Syndrome Patient Day at St Thomas' Hospital. Later on in the year I will be seeing a Professor there to review my meds etc.

The view from the hospital - Houses of Parliament


  (Not my pic but there was no mention of the photographer to give credit to).

The hospital stuff was a bit daunting/depressing. Better drugs are on the way but in the meantime I shall probably remain on warfain to stop strokes but the dose has to be right or else I risk bleeding - possibly in the brain. So I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't - lol.

After the appointment we walked and walked along the Thames and then had drinks on The Strand and ate a scrumptious meal. I love hearing the deep chimes of Big Ben.

I have always loved visiting London. I like how one minute you can be seeing an utterly iconic London scene...



And then wandering through quiet still gardens.....


We visited art galleries and Covent Garden and on the last day we went to Kew Gardens - I have always wanted to go there.


At a distance these look like bluebells but they are in fact lillies - which surprised me and made me want to plant some of my own.

After a picnic in the Kew sunshine we headed south to Calamity Jane (our caravan).

Three days by the sea......



I don't think we could have chosen two more contrasting places to go to but we enjoyed both.

And now the laundry is calling my name :)

Much love.
L.x.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, aren't I getting brave! I do love your photos. Now I know why you said you carry your camera everywhere.Glad you had a good holiday - you needed it. Looking forward to Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Beth - you made it :)
      The top pic isn't mine but there was no credit photographer to mention. The rest are mine though!
      See ya soon and carry on blogging!
      L.x.

      Delete
  2. You are very brave.............your images of your time away are beautiful.
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Hooray! I'm glad you are having fun with Calamity Jane. I do hope the meds get worked out, Lynn. Praying.

    ReplyDelete