Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Saturday, 25 May 2013

A seaside wedding


When we were in Lyme Regis Steve found an empty barbers and asked if I would mind if he went for a hair cut. I said of course not and that I would have a potter nearby.

I was outside the local church, on the seafront, when a wedding party bubbled outside; a froth of lace, laughter and photos.

The bride wore a fifties style ivory lace dress similar to this one......


Pinned Image

I watched and pondered; how exciting a wedding is, setting off together into a life unknown upon a promise of love.

I met up with a very handsome post haircut husband and we meandered along the sea edge. And then the wedding party approached for pre-dinner drinks in the seaside beach huts bedecked with bunting ....


And then, as the rain began to fall, they went to the restaurant above; floating on a cloud of ivory lace, love  and laughter.

And I smiled; silently wishing them well.

L.x.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, weddings can be so sweet, can't they? I do like white dresses!

    ReplyDelete