Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Sunday, 12 May 2013

A gift from the birds.

We spend a fortune feeding the birds.

In our lovely (wet) English weather Steve often gets soaked filling the feeders.

But it is all so worth it.

As I potter alone each day, they entertain me with their antics, remind me that nestbuilding is worthwhile and fill the air with the best music of all.

And then they bring gifts such as this....






... some sort of holly, sown by the birds and much appreciated by me.

L.x.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you spend a fortune feeding the birds! I do, too! In fact, as soon as I shower and get dressed (I'm SO lazy today) I shall go to the grocery for more seed. The squirrels are piggies and steal from my birds, but I still keep filing the feeders.
    I love the holly that your birds planted for you. All bird ladies are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get excellent marijuana plants from the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too spend a small fortune on our birds, but we do enjoy their company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And thank goodness lovely people like you care for the birds so lovingly. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed watching the fledglings in our garden this year...........they're so sweet when they're learning to fly........I'm quite happy feeding the birds too, not so happy when they leave their little calling cards on my washing though, lol.
    kim xx

    ReplyDelete