Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Saturday, 20 April 2013

Making the moment good

 Just as my window sill has detracted from the reality of my view of suburbia....



.... so have I realised this week that we have become very good at making the moment good. You know those moments sandwiched within life; where you can just be in the moment and enjoy and make the whole picture that bit better?

For example, on Friday, in between hospital tests, we hunkered down in a corner of the waiting room and read good books. This was my choice.......




Within the pages of my edition....



...... I found a letter from Pom Pom. It was like having her right there with me :) Steve on one side and Pom Pom on the other; making me brave.

Today, Steve and I enjoyed a lovely home prepped lunch as we sat in his offices, overlooking the city trying to catch up on the business.

And this has made me think of the hundreds of good moments each day that make me feel happy and relaxed and reassured......

* Open windows letting in a warm breeze.
* Curtains wafting on the breeze.
* Bubble baths
* Perfumes - CK1 for me and Prada for Steve.
* Clutter free living.
* That first cup of tea in the morning.
* Chocolate and tea
* Cake and tea
* Friends and tea.
* Oh heck, just give me the tea!!
* Clean bed sheets.
* My squidgy sofa with plenty of cushions and a warm knitted throw.
* Red wine.
* Pink Chill
* Salad, fruit and veg.
* Cooking from scratch.
* Going out for lunch.
* The smell of supper cooking.
* Time to be filled.
* Steve saying "Shall we do the crossword?"
* Steve coming home and calling,  "Helloooooooooo!" as he comes through the door.
* Steve whispering "Are you ok?" as I lie wide awake every night.
* Oh heck, let's just say Steve.
* A full bookshelf
* Music and lots of it!
* Kisses, hugs, smiles and cuddles.
* Bird song.
* Blossom against a deep blue sky

* Green grass.
* Seasons and lots of weather; all in one day.
* Log fires.

And I could go on and on.......

Life is good; especially when you make each moment good, even if you are living through some !"£$%^&*(
times.

Make the moment good.
L.x.



5 comments:

  1. Yay for Gladys Taber! I'm so glad you found my letter again! I WISH I was right there on your other side, friend! What a fantastic list you made. I love all those things, too! The view of your neighborhood reminds me of my new friend Hyacinth. Why did I JUST discover Keeping Up Appearances? It's hilarious! I love Richard!
    I am praying for you.
    When school is out (and I can get to the post office) I shall send you two crafty books that I think you'll love.
    By then you will be out on the open road, don't you think?
    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, lovely post. Enjoy all your special moments being your friend is special too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pom Pom and Jill - your friendships are blessings indeed.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was just what I needed to read tonight. Thanks for reminding me to live in the moment. I hope you have more special moments than any other kind. xxx

    ReplyDelete