Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
The view from my kitchen window...

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Hello :)


How are you? Hope you are fine and dandy.

We have been tidying the patio today ready for some leisurely cups of tea and glasses of wine outdoors!

During February I usually wrap up warm and have a solitary week day lunch or two outside in honour of my Dad and his February birthday. But it has been just too cold. So, hopefully, I shall be able to make amends during March.



The planter was full of leggy shrubs well past their best so they were turfed out and some colour put in. This is in full view of the kitchen sink so I feel very energised now as I wash up - lol!!

I am trying to get energetic jobs out of the way today and tomorrow as I am on enforced rest for the following days of the week following a joint injection of steroids on Tuesday after which you are supposed to put your feet up - oh go on then! Am going to sort out some sewing, crochet and books to keep me occupied.

And I have applied for a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt I shall get as far as an interview and then there is a medical to pass but, you know, it feels so good to be having a go.

We left church early this morning; before communion. I have a poor swallow reflex at the moment and didn't fancy spluttering on the wafer and dribbling the wine. It felt strange not to have communion.

Steve cheered me up by taking me to the garden centre before we came home- that man sure knows how to cheer me up! There was colour everywhere - glorious.

And now I am off to water this year's bedding plants which I have raised from seed and are doing grand - and a careful s-l-o-w sip of the naughty water for me!

Cheers me dears.
L.x.




5 comments:

  1. Your planter looks lovely, roll on spring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way in front of us. Altho it has been a little warmer today. Still not enough for gardening tho! Trough looks ace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden planter looks so pretty Lynn........enjoy your naughty tipple and good luck with the job application.

    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have communion either. I think it's the first time ever. We were at Kelli's church (because she was leading worship) and it was so crowded with lines up for the bread and wine. We just sat.

    Our garden centers are not up and running yet. I can't wait.
    I'll say prayers for you as you endure your injection this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be thinking of you this week Lynne. Take plenty of rest, and admire your lovely planter.

    ReplyDelete