Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 25 February 2013

Quiet times....

.... can be special times.

Hello :)

How are you?

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Sorry I haven't been around - I have been very busy some days and there have been other days which were quiet and very special because of their quietness.

I am doing a bereavement visitor's course with my church which has taken up a lot of time. I am half way through the course. I took it because, in the groups that I help with, bereavement is often discussed and I felt that as a leader I should be better trained to listen to folks.

Some days have been completely mine and I have relished quiet homey days, baking and de-cluttering, cleaning and home-making. I have relished every quiet moment :)

Nella Last is my current kitchen companion.


I just love this CD. As I tried new recipes; thoroughly spoilt by my pantry abundance and total lack of rationing, I listened to Nella's post war, and still rationed, menus.

As she stretches her rations she has encouraged me to cook from scratch, try new recipes, and cook frugally and relish our vast food choices.

It seems that some of my worries are Nella's worries. It is comforting  to know that across the generations worries may be similar and yet the previous person got through them ok. And I can get through them too :)

I have also got rid of tons of stuff and the house looks better and feels better and is easier to clean too!

So, in spite of everything, life is good and rich and full of opportunity.
 L.x.



8 comments:

  1. Hello precious Lynn!
    It's so nice to see a post from you.
    I must order that Nella book. I like the way you describe it.
    Praying for sweet songs sung by the Savior, directly into your dear ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back, missed your Blogging. Your course sounds interesting. I need to do a bit more decluttering, but I find it so hard letting go of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Lynn, so nice to see you back. Take care of yourself,and relish those quiet moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well isn't that the strangest coincidence Lynn, I picked up Nella Last's Peace from the library just this morning, although in book form........I really enjoyed watching Housewife 49, it's such an emotional film and for some reason reminds me of my grandma, who was about the same age as Nella during those war years, and had many a story to tell about managing through those hard times.

    It's lovely to have quiet at home days, it sounds like you have been busy with all your de-cluttering, you fair put me to shame, I keep saying I'm going to get on with it, but it's the starting that's the hardest, especially with a couple of teens in the house.

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back and that all's well, missed your blog. The bereavement course sounds really interesting. Glad you are enjoying time at home. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you are back. All sounding good. I also loved the film, altho it did remind me of my Mother stomping around in Civil Defence Uniform, way after the war.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bereavement course sounds very worthwhile. And I've always wanted to read Nella Last - the books always seem to be out at my library, but I hadn't thought of checking the audiobooks section.

    ReplyDelete