Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Sunday, 10 February 2013

Enjoying the moment; even January and February moments

I love, love, love this time of year.


I enjoy the nesting times of Winter.

I love putting clean linen on beds; layering additional blankets and throws.
I like making warming soups, stews and casseroles; making too much and having the left-overs for lunch next day.
I love more home time; organising, sorting and de-cluttering.
I love hot baths, fire light, and candle light.
I enjoy pottering in my kitchen, baking and trying new recipes.

I love reading and listening to music, library books, knitting and crafting.

The world seems dark and quiet and that feels good. I feel quiet and happy. Very happy.

I love to see a pared down garden; to enjoy the evergreens and appreciate the structure they bring which can be overlooked in the summer froth of abundant colour. I relish the fresh leaves of perennials poking through the cold soil and relish taking note of the gaps & pondering what I can fill them with.

I enjoy the poorer light levels, dark evenings, homey weekend days filled with quiet home pursuits which accompany a need to hibernate awhile.

I love the zip of company when you feel you really must not hibernate this weekend; you really must invite folks over or accept a party invite.

Today in the garden we have flowers of snowdrops, daffodils, primroses, winter pansies, and winter jasmine. All of them jewels of promise on a dark day.

I think chronic ill health reminds me to enjoy the moment. I do not know whether tomorrow will be an active day or a day to rest a lot. But I do know that today is  lovely and tomorrow will also be good. I have learnt to be a chameleon; to respond to today's environment and state of health, to enjoy whatever I am physically capable of enjoying today.

To live in the moment; even the dark and stormy February moment is bliss indeed.
L.x.

5 comments:

  1. I don't enjoy stormy February Lynn! But I am heartened to see the Spring bulbs coming up. I do miss my French garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Lynn. Contentment. It's bliss.
    Sending love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice, upbeat post! I'm a spring and summer gal myself, but log fires and candles are nice too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, lovely post. Thank you.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it look so cozy in your corner of the world. ,!

    ReplyDelete