Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 11 January 2013

Twirling Tulips



Another gift for helping someone out - crikey I really don't deserve all this.

House beginning to resemble a small florists, for which I am so grateful.

A melancholy sort of day as problems just kept presenting themselves. I tried to stuff them all back in the box - like a Jack in the Box - lol!

The "flower shop at home" is lifting my mood or at least stopping it from plummeting entirely!

I think being awake since 3AM hasn't helped!

So I have pottered and kept busy.

I dropped the roses into church and did a wee bit of pottering - planting up primroses by the church door - looked very cheery :)

Aren't primroses tough old things?

Then I came home and vacuumed the whole house.

I made a curry for tomorrow - they taste better for a day of maturing in the fridge.

Also cooked a sweet potato and butternut squash soup and some sausages for use over the weekend.

Tonight's supper is seafood gratin with asparagus wrapped in parma ham. We are home alone so I thought I would make it a date night with candles and posh food - lol - We are both too tired to actually go out on a date!

365 less things - Today I cleared the clutter in the two drawers next to my chair in the living room and got rid of craft notes and lists and paper patterns I won't be using. I also re-housed stuff that had just been plonked there :)

Am looking forward to sitting in front of the fire with a glass of naughty water (wine!!)

Much love,
L.x.



3 comments:

  1. These dark January days do seem to sap all energy sometimes........beautiful tulips Lynn, and of course you deserve them, it's a little token given for all the kind things you do for others............enjoy your date night. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you didn't half achieve a lot today, you deserve your sit down now! :) Enjoy sipping your wine, surrounded by all those beautiful flowers....reminders of how much you are appreciated. xx

    ReplyDelete