Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 4 January 2013

Spring arrived on Jan 3rd at 2:20PM!

As I am home alone a lot this weekend for the first time ever I have put Christmas away early. Yesterday I had plenty of folks here willing (and able) to fight the good fight (dismantling the tree) and climb loft ladders.

So out with the old and in with the new.

Whilst my sons were packing away in the loft I changed the mantle adding some daffs in bud. And then I went to put the kettle on for us all.

Alex came into the kitchen and said how bare the living room looked without the decs.
"Tidy," I corrected him trying for the positive spin cos he's right it does all look bare.

And then he grinned,  "Spring has arrived on the mantle on Jan 3rd at 2:20PM".




If only - lol!!
L.x.

5 comments:

  1. It was certainly mild enough here today for the start of spring! Your mantlepiece looks lovely! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to Spring flowers now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dafs are so lovely! Let's think EASTER! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! I love the marbled affect of those tall candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks so lovely and tidy, I'm holding off putting the decs away until tomorrow when the other half is here to help.........love your bit of Spring on the mantlepiece. x

    ReplyDelete