Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Posh wool


It's not often I knit with posh wool cos it's so expensive. But in my small stash I found a few balls of
Debbie Bliss and made the beanie I showed you and now I'm attempting a cowl. Don't worry I shan't be wearing them together - I'd look like a tin of mushy peas - lol!




The wool just glides on the needles. The silkiness is kinder on the hands. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a one off. But this wool is undoubtedly spoiling me rotten.

L.x.


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that yarn is SO gorgeous. The beanie hat was delish, and the cowl will be equally so. I know exactly what you mean about being spoiled by posh yarns! Isn't it luxurious to make little items with it though? Oh the bliss! :) Enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Make sure when you wash the items that you use very cool water. The green cowl I made with Debbie Bliss yarn almost felted a bit when I washed it, yikes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina - all the effort and then spoilt - I'd cry!!
      L.x.

      Delete
  3. Two years ago I knitted a beautiful matinee coat for my new grandson, it's such a pleasure to knit with but very expensive.........I'm hoping Kemps gets some in on their clearance deals, the cowl looks so soft and squishy, lovely shade of green too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Lynn, and if you are like me, you will never stop wearing the cowl in this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that yarn is a dream.....perfect for a soft scarf. love the green colour.
    have a nice evening,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you today, I have been reading past posts, I'm so glad i came, its so nice to meet you! Best wishes from Canada!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Laurie - and thank you everyone for your lovely comments :)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete