Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 10 January 2013

I don't care what the weather man says....

It's best not to really when you live in the UK!!!!!!

Yesterday was gorgeous and sunny and I did some gardening and found the first daffodil in flower in my garden this year. There are about a dozen more ripe buds offering promise and hope.

But today we are enveloped in freezing fog.

But I care not a jot :)

I had an errand to run and listened to Classic FM all the way...... Blue Danube - I sang along with gusto - I was the strings section - especially enjoying the pizzicato bits - remembering my days in the school orchestra  millions of years ago- lol!  I played the 'cello and this was my favourite bit then too!

My errand was to buy flowers for church - it is my turn to fill the altar vases in memory of a loved one - I fill them for my Dad.

He had a smashing rose garden so I chose roses.....





And a bunch in his memory for me at home :)
It just had to be done!




Stay sunny - don't listen to the weather forecast!
L.x.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely blooms! I was singing along to Classic FM in the car this morning too! I vaguely remember it being Strauss, so it must have been The Blue Danube! How funny to think we were both "ta-da-da-da-da-dum-ing" along together Lynn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you sounded better than me!!!!!
      L.x.

      Delete
  2. hi
    love roses,too!! here is it also cold and no sunshine. lovely blog!
    have a nice restweek,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful roses, Lynn, a fitting tribute.

    ReplyDelete